Monday, August 10, 2009

My heart asplodes with glee!


Also, there is much rejoicing.

Y'see, Gentle Reader, I braved the horrors of Wal-Mart tonight to pick up Super Glue and a scale. (Mr. Platypus needed the Super Glue for something involving a library book, if memory serves.) I managed to get in, get what I needed, and get out without being accosted by shrieking children, although my poor eyeballs were violated by many a tacky monstrosity of a too-tight outfit plastered onto an overly large wearer. That, however, is not what is causing me to do the Spastic Wiggledance of Happiness.

Remember how I said I weigh approximately 175 pounds? Well, I was off.

Way off.

Like, 20 pounds over in my estimation. Yes, o Beloved Gentle Reader, Platypus actually weighs about 153 lbs. This means I only need to lose about twenty to twenty-five pounds to get back in the general range of where I'd like to be.

I am also managing to be really good about staying below 1500 calories daily; most days, it's closer to 1300. I'm doing my crunches and other exercises just about every day, drinking lots of water, and chowing down on fruits and veggies like there's no tomorrow. If I can just keep this up, I should be all slender and sexy-licious...just in time for the holidays with all that tasty food just begging to be scarfed down.

Damn, my timing sucks. Oh well.

Let's see, other things that are making me happy today...
  • Look to Windward by Iain M. Banks. It's fantastic (if you like science fiction, which I love).
  • that damn Jewel Puzzle game on Facebook. I veg out in front of it like you would not believe.
  • the fact that I don't have to be at work until three tomorrow
  • the fact that diet Sunkist has no calories
  • I get a tasty tasty turkey wrap for lunch tomorrow.
  • My blog has apparently acquired a follower! The Mommy finds me amusing. I kid you not, Gentle Reader, that also caused a Spastic Wiggledance of Glee. (What, me? Attention whore? Never!)
Things are good today, in general.

(Please pardon any wonkiness with photos I try to post; I'm still getting the hang of the Blogger user interface.)

No comments:

Post a Comment